Volunteer Hours Reporting Guidelines:
· Skilled Labor: Packing, carpentry, welding, bridge construction, teamster, surveying, blasting, operating heavy equipment, chainsaw work, crosscut saw work, etc.
· Trail Work: Maintenance and construction not requiring skilled labor like brushing, cleaning, trash pickup, grubbing, water bars, shovel work.
· Education: Hours spent for teaching Leave No Trace, or teaching packing, and travel time.
· Public Meetings: Includes preparation and presentation time, in addition to travel time and mileage to and from the event.
· Trail Miles: Miles ridden.
· Travel Time: Actual time from home to project or event and return.
· Pack/Saddle Stock Example: Include all days that animals are involved, even if they are not used - animals may be tied up in camp. (If they were leased, you would pay for them whether you were using them or not.)
· Mileage: Do not claim personal mileage in addition to stock hauling mileage for the same project.
· Donated Materials: Food, posts and poles, nails, pipe, educational materials, trash bags.
When you are on a ride and pick up litter, do trail work and/or interact with other trail users, this counts. Any type of volunteer effort will make a difference and help us.VOLUNTEER HOURS FORM
Copyright © 2019 San Juan Back Country Horsemen - All Rights Reserved.